My daughter has definite opinions about things, many things. Especially about what she eats. At the charter school she attends she had a wonderful 4th grade teacher who spoke often about food and sustainablility and being a part-time vegetarian. My daughter idolized her. And so began the cries of "Was that steak raised humanely? 'Cause if not, I don't even want it in the house!", and "I'm really trying to eat less meat, Mom. You know that!" All well and good, admirable even. I'm all for supporting small local farmers, eating grass fed, knowing who grows my food. And I do, as much as possible.
Now, I've cooked for 8 years at that charter school and have dealt with many a picky eater. I am a trained chef, award-winning, even. But apparently my girl chooses to step right over all my years of experience with a cool, "oh, I will not eat that." Fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment